Call for entries for B3 Short Film Competition
DEADLINE JULI 11, 2022
B3 Biennial of the Moving Image warmly welcomes you to submit your short film for the B3 Short Film Competition 2022 in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Exciting, up-to-date, diverse – that is the B3 Short Film Competition. Since 2013 the B3 has been showing outstanding short films at the B3 Filmfestival. The winner of the competition is awarded with the B3 BEN Award.
For the accepted participants the accreditation for B3 Biennial of the Moving Image 2022 from October 15 to 23, 2022 will be included.
Films submitted for the short film competition must meet the following criteria:
- The film must have its GERMAN PREMIERE at B3.
- The films must have English subtitles.
- The film is not yet available on the Internet, including social media, for free or fee required streaming (VOD).
- The films must have been produced between 2021 and 2022.
- The running time of the film must not exceed 30 minutes.
- The registration fee for the short film competition program is €20.
Rules and regulations
- Only the rights holder or his confirmed representative can submit a film.
- A selection committee will choose the films for the competition. The selection process is not public and there is no legal right to participate in the competition.
- Once a film's participation in the competition has been publicly announced, it is no longer possible to withdraw the film.
- Films will be screened only in the original language with English subtitles.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the licensors of the selected films will bear the costs of shipping (transport, insurance and customs) the DCP or QT ProRes to B3. B3 will bear the cost of shipping to the next destination (either another festival or return to the licensor).
- The festival will keep a copy of the film in the festival's archives, if applicable.
- The festival insures the DCPs/film copies while they are in Frankfurt, i.e. from arrival until they are returned to the sender.
- By submitting a film, the festival rules are accepted. The festival management is entitled to change the festival rules in special cases.